Thursday, June 14, 2007

Has anyone else experienced this with their pets or small children?
Somehow, when you want them to do something they don’t want to do, they are able to convert their body matter to lead and quadruple their body weight.
first noticed this with my cat Lucy, and thought she was unique. Then my stepdaughter did this when she was little, and now Buster is the master of the art. If you want him to get off the sofa, scooch over on the bed, get in the bathtub, etc. he goes from weighing 40 lbs to something like 150 lbs of dense dead weight…not a lot of fun to try and move around. I ‘made’ him get in the kiddie pool last night and it was like dragging a corpse around. Petey isn’t such a problem- he figures, oh- a new thing, I guess I’ll try it out.
More on Petey-
We got this kiddie pool for the dogs over the weekend. I filled it up Monday night and gave each dog a quick intro. Buster ran off to the opposite side of the yard after his turn. Petey stood in the water for a bit, then jumped out. I was busy doing yard work and looked up at one point to see Petey standing on the edge of the pool biting the water. A few seconds later he leaned too far over and kind of fell/rolled over the edge and dropped into the water. He jumped up really quickly and looked around like ‘I meant to do that!’

No comments: