Saturday, March 22, 2008

hiking is fun

It may be flooding in other parts of Missouri, but it isn't bad around BoCoMo. We did have a lot of rain earlier in the week and a river flowing through the backyard to match the lake in the driveway, but nothing like they have had in the SE part of the state.
Things are pretty much dried up now. Thurs after work I packed up Buster and Pete and we hiked at RB. We went back again today and tomorrow is our regular walking 'date' with A.M. and Kim, so we will be back at it again. I have been shopping for new hiking boots, and getting pretty discouraged because I got what I thought was a really nice pair about a year and a half ago, only to find that the insoles gave out and they were pretty much unwearable, unless I walked to walk around like Quasimoto. I found out about these insoles called Super Feet. I was able to get a pair locally, and they really do make a huge difference, and lucky for me, the old hiking boots are wearable again.
The dogs seem to have gotten their workout, as they are passed out cold right now.

Attack of the squirrels. We have had a huge number of squirrels take up residence in the walnut trees out near the woods this past winter. I'm looking out the window at one now, and that sucker is huge- I thought it was a cat at first. We have a mix of the large red squirrels and also little gray ones. I hope they learned their lesson about coming into the fenced yard...Buster got one and killed it a month or so ago.

I'm inchin' big time to do some gardening, but the ground is still in winter mode. I did get in some general weeding last week, and I bought a river birch to plant...need to figure out where.

I'm thinking about getting off my butt and taking a run down to the Jeff City Hoods. At some point we need to re-do the bathroom floor, and they have the best supply of ceramic tiles.
Jorgie is still sleeping. His sleeping schedule is beyond wacked lately. He has been staying up until 6 or 7am, then sleeping most of the day...at least on weekends. During the week he has been up to 4 or so, then getting up and going to work. My body won't tolerate that!
I guess he will get things back on track when he goes out to Utah next week.

I have my own laptop!!! Jorgie got me a Dell Inspiron 1525. Its RED, which is pretty cool. Its been a long time since I've had my own personal computer.

Well- I don't have any other fantastically exciting news.

No comments: