I got some complaints about not updating the blog enuf, and so I went out to read it, and sho-nuf, I’ve been quite negligent, so here is an update on what ‘da Jorgie’s’ have been doin.
The aforementioned living room floor is done, done, done, and boy it looks amazing. Since we are still shuffling furniture around and need to rehang pictures, etc. I’m not going to post any pictures until we are either done or at least done in, and finished with moving crap around. Having to get a Christmas tree up kind of complicated things as well.
In the midst of the new flooring, painting the walls adventure, Jorgie tore down the old window blinds, which didn’t hurt my feelings at all…I thought they blocked the nice features of the window. After much searching, we settled on ‘top down, bottom up’ cordless window shades. We then found that they were permanently out of stock on our size, so I checked out some other options and decided that we could either get top down, bottom up with cords, or regular bottom up, cordless. I really like the cordless, since we have a 4 panel window I didn’t want 4 sets of cords to mess with. According to Fed Ex package tracking, the new shades are on my porch at home.
I think the last step in putting the living room together is some throw rugs. I got some sticker shock on prices, as I expected to get 3 rugs for around $50.00 and I’m finding that to get something decent is going to cost more like $200.00. Then I need to stop for awhile. This project has given me my fill of home improvement for awhile, and I’m ready to take a break and just relax when I get home from work, rather than working my butt off.
Christmas was relaxing and fun. We seem to be in this weather pattern of snow and or sleet every weekend, so the dogs haven’t been out for their weekend walkabouts in quite some time. Buster literally started to bounce off furniture, walls, doorways etc, even if he spent a few hours in the yard, so on Christmas day, we had some decent weather and I put on the muck boots and we headed out to Bethel Park, which I decided was likely to have had the most sunlight hitting the trails and would be less icy. We owned the park, as not another soul was out, and we trekked around the lake, back through the fields behind the school, then back out and around the lake again. Everyone seemed satisfied and the dogs sacked out when they got home, so I guess they ran enough energy off. It looks like this weekend will be a little better, since we are supposed to get the weekend snow on Thursday/Friday, so that’s good.
Our kitty Lacey is really starting to show her age. She has dropped a ton of weight and we had to switch her over to canned food as she just can’t chew up the dry stuff anymore. A couple of weeks ago I was preparing Jorgie for the worst, telling him that I had the phone number for the vet who will make a house call to put an animal down, and it was time, etc. etc. Well, I think Lacey heard me, because she has pulled a Monty Python “I’m not dead yet” act on us, and perked back up a bit. Now, rather than looking like she had 3 paws in the grave, she looks like she has 2 paws in the grave. She stopped cleaning herself as well, and tonight I’m going to have to give her a bath and cut more of her hair off …poor little thing! Hopefully things keep improving for her. It seems like we tend to lose pets and family members around the holidays, and I was hoping not to go through that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment