
This morning our walk was on the High Ridge Trail at
This is a great trail for an aerobic workout. If you take the loop around to the right, you start out doing a gradual climb up and up and up to the top of the ridge. From there you can see a long way and its really pretty- especially early on a clear morning.
The trail heads along the ridge then gradually down to Clear Creek. You go along the creek for a ways, then have to scramble up some rocks and climb along another ridge for awhile, then it s back up the backside of the hill, then down again to the parking lot.
It took Buster and I 50 minutes to do the 2.3 miles. I thought that was ok, considering the terrain, and we did take a couple of side paths down deer trails so Buster could do some doggie investigating.
Later today Erik and I are going to BnB for brunch, then going to see the movie- The Prestige. When I get home from that Buster will be ready to go again. Thank goodness Liz and Kurt have 15 acres for us to walk on, with nice paths so we don’t have to drive anytime we need a walk. I think I figured out that Buster is half corgi and half energizer bunny, since he is always ready to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment